Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Relaxing Day......

Enjoying food from the "Root beer Stand" Chili Cheese Dogs..yum!


A lovely afternoon of swimming....

THEN THE "DERECHO" HITS OUR AREA....

Tops of trees all over. The little yellow slide was blown way over to our neighbor's yard (we had moved it back into our yard in this picture)

This tree limb put a hole on the neighbor's garage roof, dented their garage door, and put a hole in their race car trailer!

Before the storm, we turned our trampoline upside-down to keep it from blowing.
In our backyard, leaves and sticks covered the ground.
These photos do not do justice to the mess. Try clicking on pictures for more details.
The pond had little islands of sticks floating all around. You can see a small example to the top left of picture.

Looking from the dock into the backyard.

We are thankful that this branch did not do any damage to our barn.

The neighbors' wagon blew from their side garage to out in the middle of their backyard. As you look at the picture and see all the woods...that is where the storm hit our dear friends' home and vehicles. They had huge trees land on their van and car and lots and lots of trees knocked over. (Pictured here)
Photo by Atkins Family



 Our good friends (the ones that lost their cars) checking on us to make sure we are okay.


Malcolm's side of the storm..."I was taking a nap and then..

Grandmum-mum wants everyone in the closet with pillows and blankets..I think she was a little worried!!! Aunt S. and Mum-mum started singing Psalms and then Mum-mum felt better!!!"
Psalm 57:1&2
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in You my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most high to God Who fulfills His purpose for me.

 
We had no power after the storm so we sought refuge at Grandma Roxy's for showers and food!!!


Malcolm and Great-Grandma glad to get to spend time together!

Pop-pum and Uncle David had a plan for cleaning up the yard......so we headed back to start the process and see if we had power!
Clean up pictures to come!

This storm has taught me so much and I am so thankful for how the Lord worked. I am terrified of tornadoes (there were actually sightings of tornadoes and the damage to our neighbors and friends homes show the evidence of one..garage doors sucked in..our attic access door sucked in...) One of the things I am so grateful for is that I did not experience the tornado alone...The Lord was with us..We saw His providence worked out for our safety. Our neighbor warned us of the storm so we had about 5-10minutes of prep time before the storm hit. I had my dear husband with me, some of my children and a grandchild so that my focus was not so self centered..I had to stay calm and be a good example!! Yikes!!! I had to trust in the Lord for whatever the outcome was to be.....With the Lord's help I am not as fearful of storms and He is helping me overcome some of my deepest fears!!!
Who do you place your trust in??????


Our friends' poor "Jungle Gym" . Photo by Atkins Family


Our friends' trees. Photo by Atkins Family


A Very personal post, by Mumzie

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The cell phone pictures did NOT do justice to what you were telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Stephen holding Malcolm AND what was supposed to be Malcolm's floaty device! :) :) :)

    ~KT~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to share Mrs. M. Storms can sometimes so help us to be reminded of the powerful God we serve. We are so thankful that no one was hurt. We look forward to seeing you all soon! Love to you all, ~The Alexander's

    ReplyDelete
  4. M-Even the pictures do not do the damage justice. did you see the log through Atkin's van window?

    K-Your Dad's and mine favorite picture is th Malc commentary!!

    A-yes, we are so thankful no one was hurt!
    PS We have about 10 different blog post to be done, so everyone will have to bear with us as we post different events that have happened since May. The race is on between SAM and I as to getting the posts posted!!! ;0) love to you all, Mumzie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!